Wednesday 1 October 2014

10 More Sleeps!!!!

Writing about myself has never been my forte. Actually writing in general has always been my weakness (Maths was my speciality)! However, due to promises with friends, I have started a blog about my new and upcoming adventures (Only 10 more sleeps to go!!!). So here goes;

For a person who is obsessed with being organised, travelling is a scary prospect. I make lists for everything possible, and even my lists have sub lists (the downfall of being a teacher)! So the idea of not making plans and 'going with the flow' haunts me on a daily basis. 

Where are we going to go? 
Where are we going to stay?  
What if we truly get lost? 
What happens if my bag gets stolen? (Mainly due to the horror stories I've been told about the Indian sleeper train)
What if we run out of money?
The reality of giving up a fair paid job, to pack up and leave normality is crazy but also quite thrilling. As you can probably tell, I am a worrier! Regularly telling myself 'there is no point crying over spilt milk', just doesn't work. At this stage in the planning, I just don't feel organised and prepared for what lies ahead. Don't even get me started on the process of applying for visas and the different size photos you need...

Nevertheless, a friend recently told me the cliche quote; 'A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving'. At first I thought it was just a load of rubbish designed to be posted as the bio on someone's Instagram or Twitter page. However, through much thought and after many of hours researching the best places to go and stay, I have decided that this is a motto I need to try and adhere to. Just like in the classroom, I need to learn to let go of the reins and just see where things take me. By focusing on the spontaneity aspect of travelling, I will learn and experience more... I hope! So for now I'm closing the 20 tabs on my iPad and trying to relish in the idea of experiencing something new. 


But I'm not quite ready to delete Trip Advisor yet!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment