Monday 10 November 2014

Sky scrapers galore

Of all the places we have visited so far in China, Shanghai definitely has been my favourite. We stayed here for 3 days and tried to cram in as much as possible in the short time limit.
We started by travelling to the Jinmao Observatory, which is a building which stands 88 floors high and gives an amazing view of Shanghai. The amount of skyscrapers is mental (and I know Hong Kong will have even more!) and the view was spectacular, even though there was a fair amount of smog!





In the evening we took a River Cruise along the river Huang Pu. This gave us a totally different view of the city. The Chinese architects really design some extravagant buildings which would never get permission to be built in London! I have never been to New York but everyone seems to say it is similar to Shanghai. Whether it is or not I don't know, but either way I'm still impressed.
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment